Royal Shepherds (RS) is the new arm of Christ Apostolic Church, Worldwide. It replaces the old Boys' Brigade. The National Organizing Secretary for "RS" is Pastor A. A. Tope Adeyemo.
It is a universally accepted truism that many youths usually prefer to associate with various youth clubs which offer different appeals such as uniform wearing, and which is regimental or para-military in nature. Such uniformed groups provide added advantages of instant recognition, authority and respect in the society. This explains why many of our church youths usually register as members of NGO’s such as Boys’ Brigade, Girls Brigae, Boy Scouts, Girl Guides, Red Cross, Man O’ War, WAI Brigade, etc. And this also explains why many other Christian churches in Nigeria have established or integrated various types of disciplined, uniformed, regimental or para-military voluntary youth movements into their congregation.
Following this enviable pattern, the Christ Apostolic Church, at the meeting of the General Executive Council, held at Ikeji-Arakeji Camp on Wednesday 10th May, 2002, unanimously resolved to establish a distinct para-military youth wing for the Church. The Organization shall be known and called the “ROYAL SHEPHERDS”.
Aim and Objective
The primary aim of this Youth Movement is Character development; to make all youths “Born again” disciples of Christ and good Citizen.
This aim shall be achieved by:
1. Teaching members, the need for a sound knowledge of the word of God.
2. Making members lead truly prayerful lives that is totally committed to private, regular, incessant daily prayers.
3. Inculcating on every member the need to receive, possess and maintain the Holy Spirit of God, including the
spiritual gift, fruit and Power as enjoyed by the early Christians.
4. Encouraging members towards steadfast love, honesty, chastity, deeply spiritual and holy lives and worthy
ambassadors of Jesus Christ at all times.
5. Training members in the principle and methods of soul winning and evangelism and then making them go and
convert all unbelievers by all peaceful and persuasive means as Christ’s witnesses always
6. Encouraging members towards good citizenship, self-reliance, resourcefulness, obedience, loyalty, mental
alertness, and thoughtful for others.
7. Promoting their physical development, training them in services useful to the public handicraft and professional
skill useful to themselves
The principles and practice of this Youth Movement are founded & Practice on the basis of the Holy Bible, plus the CAC Constitution and doctrine, and the content of the Hand book ( P.O.R).
The movement emblem is sewn to the shirt immediately above the top seam at the right breast pocket. It has Brown hand-bell and a gold cross superimposed on an open Holy Bible, all enclosed in a circle of gold edge. The name “Royal Shepherds” is boldly printed inside the circle.
Hand bell in the emblem shows the preaching of the gospel in and out of season, as well as regular and rigorous praying habit.
The cross reminds us of the death of Jesus Christ and the atonement for our sins. We must also take our cross and follow Jesus Christ always as a faithful disciple.
The Bible represents the word of God which is to be studied. It provides light and guidance, every member of the Royal Shepherds is a student of the Bible.
The circle shows the unity of all Christians as one fold, constituting the body of Christ on earth.